Rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of this once vacant 1899 brick warehouse provides a new Visitor’s Center for the Tourism Council of Frederick County. Located on a designated brownfield site in downtown Frederick, Maryland, the building consists of approximately 6,250 SF, a third of this houses administrative offices while the remainder provides exhibit and display areas and a multi-media room. Exterior work included repairing and re-pointing the brick walls, re-introducing in-filled windows and installing a new metal roof. On the interior, the existing heavy timber trusses have been refinished to be exposed over the display and exhibit areas.
FREDERICK COUNTY VISITOR CENTER
HISTORIC RENOVATION & RE-USE FOR:
COMPLETION DATE: 2011
$1,604,615 | 6,250 SF